The Ghostwind Mythos

Welcome. This is the chronicle of a quest. This is a stroll in the labyrinth, a pilgrimage: the pursuit of magic, faith, and -- the two alchemically bonded -- apotheosis.

Name:

I am eagerly awaiting the rebirth of wonder.

March 03, 2007

London to Paris

Still alive. Still searching.

London was pretty fascinating. Especially the Tower. The Beefeaters and their families live there, so out back -- painted candy-bright -- is a set of playground equipment. I mean, that's redemption. Dark pasts become informative history and a place where people live and maintain that history.

I'd have stayed longer, but London is expensive, and had totally run out room at the hostels.

I got off the train in Paris, looked around, and thought, "Oh shit. Everything's written in French." In spite of the occasional fine-print English interpretations, the language barrier is going to be interesting.

Oh. In London, I went to Westminster Abbey, but thought better of paying the 10-Pound entry fee for the tour. But right there, in the same square, was St. Margarite's, open to the public. I walked in, looked at all the burial plaques, and then their choir started rehearsing. That, my friends, was an amazing find. I sat down in one of the old wooden pews and just drank in the music.

With any luck, my trip to Notre Dame will be just as refreshing. With a little help from higher powers, I'll find what I'm looking for, and hopefully be able to bring it back to you.

I love you all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are updating this thing. It's my first time checking. I wasn't sure when you planned on starting to write. Bugger it. Anywho. I am glad to see that things are going well thus far. I hope it continues to do so. ^_^

-Lisa, Jett, "that short girl with the mohawk"

Sun Mar 04, 11:03:00 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I like that word redemption. There is hope indeed for humankind.
Hope you discover Paris to be as fulfilling as London. (Let me know if you see any coneheads!)
As you journey, I am reminded of Ts. S. Eliot's words: "We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our expolring shall be to arrive where we started and to know the place for the first time."
Be well, my son. Love, Dad

Sun Mar 04, 01:42:00 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're doing well, and that you seem to be getting a lot out of this journey. I can't wait to hear your impression of Notre Dame. Take care of yourself!

-Matt

Sun Mar 04, 02:16:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home