The Ghostwind Mythos

Welcome. This is the chronicle of a quest. This is a stroll in the labyrinth, a pilgrimage: the pursuit of magic, faith, and -- the two alchemically bonded -- apotheosis.

Name:

I am eagerly awaiting the rebirth of wonder.

April 01, 2007

Rome to Prague

I got exponentially more out of the Palatine Hill than I did the Sistine Chapel. It´s a beautiful place, like a cross between a park and a set of ruins. The buildings, some partly intact, are like shadowed little escapes from the noise of the city, especially the ever-present noise of emergency sirens. I strolled down those little alleys, half-hidden by Escher-like buildings that were poured onto each other over the centuries. Alleys on top of roofs and such. Fascinating to look at, even as they confuse the eyes.

And I do have to admit that I enjoyed myself in Rome. I prayed at St. Peter´s. I strolled ancient, ancient streets, and looked intensely at the ruins that had been chained off from the tourists. And I am glad to have had that experience.

Now I am in Prague, and this city is definitely not what I expected. It is far more civilized and first-world that you might initially think, and coming here for a taste of second-world charm and second-world magic has been a bit disappointing. This country is too busy trying to join the world community to have any time for something like magic. There is a lesson there, I suppose... that even magic must wait for the world to be ready for it. But, then, we will not know unless someone tries.

By-the-by, this keyboard is driving me crazy. The z and the y are switched, and I have no idea how to get the apostrophe... or a question mark. So, you get an update sans contractions and questions. Consider this some coincidental declaration from a more erudite world. No questions. No bastardization of the language. I speak as the prophets once did, all because of an unfamiliar keyboard.

I miss you all. I want to come home and pick up my life where I left off... to quickly grow my life into something self-sustaining, then ascendant. But I have a bit more to see, and God only knows when I will ever have this opportunity again.

I picked up a little figurine of the golem. Yes... the golem of Prague. Kinda cute, in a clay-man sort of way. But, then, we are descended of a clay man... the first man... so I suppose he is not so different from us after all.

Take care of each other. I love you all.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Son,
I am so glad you found Rome so fulfilling and that you are now in Prague. SOunds like you are feeling that existential pang of wanting to return ASAP to the life you left behind while yet realizing the necessity to continue your journey. It will end soon enough, though we do miss you sorely.
I loved your observation on "the unfamiliar keyboard"-- something I could never dream up. You are awesome, and I don't care who reads this: they will know I state the obvious.
I love you, and am SO PROUD of the man you are. Return safe and sound, when that time comes. Meanwhile, live, learn, experience, absorb.
D

Sun Apr 01, 04:23:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You won't find magic as long as you search for it"

Magic in Prague is in the air and in the energy of that place. Try to feel it. Focus on yourself first.

You know who told me this, and you know that they found what they were looking for.


Enjoy the dark story of Prague, search it even if is hidden by "the race for the world community".

With love,
An.


Essential is invisible to the eye.

Sun Apr 01, 07:33:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...And, by the way,

I'm reading Lucifer.

Eh eh eh

Sun Apr 01, 09:23:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eddie,
You must already know. This Lune is an amazing young woman. How awesome that you have people encouraging you from all over the world.
"Enter each day with the expectation that the happenings of the day may contain a clandestine message addressed to you personally." (Sam Keen, HYMNS TO AN UNKNOWN GOD)
Thank you for all your postings. They make me feel I am there with you.
With love, D

Mon Apr 02, 11:51:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello again Edward, glad to see your travels in Europe are still giving you wonderment.

We all miss you over on this side of the pond. But don't pack you bags and head over yet, you still have exploring to do and magic to wield. Speaking of wielding magic, we started Espa on sunday and that made me ever so happy. Though we fooled both Josh and Craig into thinking we were playing cyberpunk. We had craig going for 2 hours. :)

Also I think armageddon is currently taking place over here. It was 85 degress today, it will be in the 40's tomorrow and in the 20's the day after. North of Louisville there are lightning storms, tornados, 60mph winds and BASEBALL sized hail. I'll let you know if I heard any trumpets blaring in the background. Also, Jad will probably be a dad tomorrow, they are inducing Shannon. Also, if there are any blaring trumpets at that point I'll be sure to let you know.

Take care brother, don't rush home too quick. And in the legendary words of Calivin "It's a magical world... let's go exploring!"

-Joe

Tue Apr 03, 08:55:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home