The Ghostwind Mythos

Welcome. This is the chronicle of a quest. This is a stroll in the labyrinth, a pilgrimage: the pursuit of magic, faith, and -- the two alchemically bonded -- apotheosis.

Name:

I am eagerly awaiting the rebirth of wonder.

April 06, 2007

Budapest, Labyrinthine

We have all been alone in the dark and the quiet.

Have you ever been alone *with* the dark?  *With* the quiet?

In perfect blackness, I can still see a ring of soft red around my vision.  I'm peaceful, walking very slowly, my hand on a muddy rope until that, too, ends.  Then it's just me, the walls, the water, the quiet, and the dark.  And I would breathe it all in.

There were wells.  Three of them.  One of oblivion, one of remembrance... and the third.  The lights came on when I stood over it.  There in the dark, waiting, were cave drawings.  If the inner soul really is -- as the Hindus say -- the exact same thing as the soul of the universe, then personal history is also the history of the world.  So I'd arrived at the place before, or after, Now.  Some place on the other side of the ring, between the tomb and the womb, but not quite alive... not like before.

And it is Good Friday.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been alone with the dark and with the quite.
I understand.

Try to breath again the anima mundi, and you will again feel the world breathing with you.



I'm glad.


Angelica

Fri Apr 06, 08:12:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Eddie,
Good Friday. How I love your descriptions. In one sense, because of them, I feel as if I am there, but of course I cannot really be. This is your journey, and we all anxiously wait and watch.
How far you have come.
God speed. You are in my prayers.
I love you,
D

Sat Apr 07, 08:42:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy easter!

may you life always be full like an hard boiled egg!

An.

Sun Apr 08, 12:03:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Eddie,
Happy Easter to you! We spent it at Grandma's as usual, egg hunting for the little ones. You were missed, but we know where you are, on a journey with God.
Be well. I love you.
D

Sun Apr 08, 04:31:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home