The Ghostwind Mythos

Welcome. This is the chronicle of a quest. This is a stroll in the labyrinth, a pilgrimage: the pursuit of magic, faith, and -- the two alchemically bonded -- apotheosis.

Name:

I am eagerly awaiting the rebirth of wonder.

May 31, 2007

Istanbul, Revisited

And like that, Jerusalem is behind me. I'm walking my way out of the labyrinth, and I have a lot waiting for me when I finally get back where I started. Only it doesn't quite work that way, does it? It's more like a spiral than a circle; something is still gained...

Even if it's not what I went looking for. High expectations are dangerous things. But I started the quest, and things happened, and the ripples of revelations will keep coming to me long after I've returned. It'll be years before all this makes sense to me, and I've become comfortable with that. No lightning bolts, just echoes in a comfortable dark.

So, if no one objects, I think I'll continue to change a little once I get back: in small degrees, in tiny twists of personality, in the kind of subtle shifts that separate art from attempt. I have this image in my head, burned in like a retinal flare, of the man I want to be. I've flexed my will a bit on this journey, and I've felt my intuition stretch out. I just need to grow into this wider spirit.

I need to get in character and keep living this personal story. Everyday. This path closes behind me, but paths open up ahead. And like a fractal pattern, infinitely rich with detail, all is the labyrinth... all is the story.

Tomorrow that story takes me back to Florence, if only for something of an epilogue.

4 Comments:

Blogger R.S.F said...

Whatever man you are or want to be, it's time to come home.

Rob

Thu May 31, 03:10:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you.
Mom

Thu May 31, 10:37:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Son,
We await you with open arms.
With love,
D PS- Enjoy Firenze

Fri Jun 01, 01:02:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you ever stop changing you might as well be dead. There's nothing without change.

Danny

Fri Jun 01, 01:52:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home