The Ghostwind Mythos

Welcome. This is the chronicle of a quest. This is a stroll in the labyrinth, a pilgrimage: the pursuit of magic, faith, and -- the two alchemically bonded -- apotheosis.

Name:

I am eagerly awaiting the rebirth of wonder.

June 05, 2007

Florence, Revisited

Back now among my Florentines, strolling a city with sleeping stones that remember the dreams of the populace, good and bad. They've introduced me to an interesting man, Kenneth, who is a New Zealander, sculptor, jeweler, father, professor, and Maori shaman (no kidding). When we talk, the conversation is relaxed, fluid, no longer shoved into stumbling by my obsessions. If magic comes now, it comes of its own accord. As Kenneth says, she is a coy woman: to pursue her is to see her pull away, but a man can make a fine nest in his heart and she might answer such an invitation.

And to be honest, I'm glad I'll soon be leaving the labyrinth -- this one, anyway -- behind me. I can honorably dismount from this crazed chariot, whereas before I felt like I had to follow it even if it led over the cliff. A weight off my shoulders. Before, I was scared to ask myself the hardest of questions because I worried about digging a hole I couldn't climb out of while still being true to this quest. Now I can push myself even harder, knowing that the quest now is life itself... and I have far more companions along its paths.

I'll be in Louisville on the 12th. Give me that day for rest. I'll be home, with you, on the 13th. It'll be wonderful to walk at your side again.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Edward,
The twelfth, a week from today. I'll be there, the old guy in the suit with the big smile.
Your bedroom, and the world you left behind, await.
WIth love,
D

Tue Jun 05, 12:08:00 PM EDT  
Blogger R.S.F said...

See you at game on the 15th if not sooner. I'm out of school so I expect the 13th to have lunch.

-Rob

Tue Jun 05, 12:47:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to join you guys for lunch. I've followed your story, and can almost smell what you smell, you've been so vivid. See you soon.

Love from
Craig

Wed Jun 06, 04:25:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will breathe easier knowing you are home.
Love, Mom

Wed Jun 06, 06:32:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you back here man. Many a cup, screw that, many a pot of coffee shall be consumed talking of your ventures.

-Joe

Sun Jun 10, 12:17:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck for this new, huge and more complicated labyrinth.

so long.

Tue Jun 12, 02:39:00 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, I hope your back in Louisville by now. I'll give ya a call this weekend or something.

danny

Thu Jun 14, 09:54:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home